A well trained dog is fun and interesting to be around while on the other hand, a poorly trained dog is hardly welcome in public. The following are a list of behavior to look out for when deciding how well trained a dog is.
- They welcome visitors without too much excitemen
- They do not create a mess when left alone.
- They do not cause public tension and fear when having a walk in the street
- They do not blindly trust strangers
- Tolerate frustration and stress
- They are used to the noise and sound of everyday life.
One of the best ways of teaching a dog good manners is through proper socialization.It helps them get used to the rhythm of their environment therefore, it is important to socialize your dog as soon as possible. Developing best method of dog training includes but not limited to following these guides:
- You should always reward good behavior by using positive reinforcement such as treats, toys and pats. This encourages your dog to repeat learnt behavior
- .Teach your dog one order at a time and try not to introduce new ones until he has correctly understood the first.
- Use calm and firm tones when issuing verbal command to your dog. The expression of your voice must be joyful and positive . Try not to scream and act aggressively toward your dog this hostile practice can frighten the dog to the point where he associates his master with negativity.
- Train your dog in a place without distraction, then gradually increase stimuli.
Because each dog has his own unique character and temperament, no two dogs learn at the same pace. To achieve lasting results, training should be consistent. You should take every opportunity to discourage your dog when he does something you consider non acceptable. For example, if you catch your dog peeing on the carpet, say NO! in a firm tone and take him to the dedicated place where he can do his business. With time, he will associate actions with certain reactions and try to avoid them.